Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
Thank you for accessing the www.lamudi.pk website ("Site") operated by Real Estate Classifieds Private Limited. We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information. To learn more, please read this Privacy and Confidentiality Policy (the “Policy”). This Policy explains how we collect, use and (under certain conditions) disclose your personal information. This Policy also explains the steps we have taken to secure your personal information. Finally, the Policy explains your options regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. By visiting the Site directly or through another website, you accept the practices described in this Policy. Data protection is a matter of trust and your privacy is important to us. We shall therefore only use your name and other information which relates to you in the manner set out in this Policy. We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. You can visit the Site and browse without having to provide personal details. During your visit to the Site you remain anonymous and at no time can we identify you, unless you have an account on the Site and log in with your username and password.
1. Data that we collect and use
- Personal Information: To provide you with our services, we may collect, store and process your personal information including but not limited to, your title, name, gender, date of birth, email address, telephone number, postal address, mobile number and fax number.
- Use of your Personal Information: You must ensure that the personal information provided by you on the Site is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date from time to time and inform us of any changes that may occur in your personal information. Further, we will use the said information to administer your account with us; verify and audit the downloading of data from our Site; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our Site and customize them for users; identify visitors on our Site; carry out research on our users' demographics; send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes. Subject to obtaining your consent, we may contact you by email with details of other products and services that the Site may offer and you may also receive any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from us and unsubscribe from the newsletter, you can opt out at any time.
We undertake to treat your personal information confidential and not make it available to any unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault. If you choose to provide us with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our available servers.
2. Other uses of your personal information
We may use your personal information for opinion and market research. Your details are anonymous and will only be used for statistical purposes. You can choose to opt out of this at any time. Any answers to surveys or opinion polls we may ask you to complete may be forwarded on to third parties in accordance with the Policy. Disclosing your email address is only necessary if you would like to take part in competitions. We save the answers to our surveys separately from your email address.
We may also send you other information about us, the Site, our other websites, our products, sales promotions, our newsletters, anything relating to other companies in our group or our business partners. If you would prefer not to receive any of this additional information as detailed in this paragraph (or any part of it) please click the 'unsubscribe' link in any email that we send to you. We may further anonymize data about users of the Site generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of the users and usage of certain aspects of the Site or a link contained in an email to those registered to receive them, and supplying that anonymized data to third parties such as publishers. However, that anonymized data will not be capable of identifying you personally.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or to protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share your personal information to:
- Third parties to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. These third parties will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested for their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and customer support).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other Site user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your User ID and User ID history, name, city, county, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints and bidding and listing history or anything else that we deem relevant.
- Other agencies in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate, either under confidentiality agreement or as required by law. In such circumstances, we may disclose your name, address, city, county, postcode, country, phone number, email address and company name.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be used contrary to this Policy, you will receive prior notice.
For any competition we use your information to notify winners and advertise our offers. You can find more details where applicable in our participation terms for the respective competition.
5. Third Parties and Links
We may pass your information to other companies in our group. We may also pass your details to our agents (if any) or subcontractors to help us with any of our uses of your information set out in this Policy. We may exchange information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it. Other than as set out in this Policy, we shall not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining your prior consent unless this is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy or unless we are required to do so by law. The Site may contain advertising of third parties and links to other sites or frames of other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those third parties or other sites, nor for any third party to whom we transfer your data in accordance with our Policy.
6. No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
7. Account Protection
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your ‘lamudi.pk’ password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify ‘lamudi.pk’ and change your password.
Your personal information is stored on our servers. We treat any information provided by you as an asset that must be protected and use substantial tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. When we collect data through the Site, we collect your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers and use encryption by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) coding. While we are unable to guarantee 100% security, this makes it hard for a hacker to decrypt your details. You are strongly recommended never to send full credit or debit card details in unencrypted electronic communications with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
11. Your rights
If you are concerned about your personal information, you have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. At any stage you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended terms on this site.